The Australian Government funds RTP scholarships (previously APA), while Deakin University funds DUPR scholarships. Domestic and international students are eligible for both awards. Only the top-ranked candidates will be offered an RTP.
One of their international scholarships could help you change your life. They provide scholarships that recognize outstanding academic performance as well as the potential to contribute positively to the University and its community.
About Deakin University
Deakin University is one of Australia’s leading tertiary education providers, Deakin offers a personalized experience enhanced by world-class programs and innovative digital engagement. The institute leads by creating opportunities to live and work in a connected, evolving world.
With four outstanding campuses in Melbourne, Geelong, and Warrnambool, as well as a premium online learning platform that outperforms all others in Australia, all 60,000 of our students benefit from unlimited access to world-class facilities and a friendly, welcoming environment – whether they study on campus or online. They also have corporate and learning centers where students and the communities we serve can meet, study, and hold events.
Deakin’s academic staff delivers world-class instruction across four faculties and 14 schools. Its faculties make long-lasting contributions to local, regional, and global communities through collaborative teaching and research.
The University has a strong governance system in place that ensures high levels of decision-making and accountability. This ensures that our courses, research, and community engagement continue to meet or exceed the highest quality standards.
- Level of Study: Masters / Doctoral (PhD)
- Institution(s): Deakin University
- Study in: Australia
- Program Period:
- Doctoral Degree Duration: 3 years for stipend and 4 years for the tuition fees offset
- Research Master Degree Duration: 2 years for stipend and 2 years for the tuition fees offset
- Deadline: Click here for application dates
Courses Deakin scholarships Offers
- Arts and Education
- Business and Law
- Science, Engineering and Built Environment
- Frontier Materials
- Intelligent Systems Research and Innovation
Deakin University Scholarships will provide:
- A stipend of $28,900 per annum for 2022 tax exempt
- A relocation allowance from $500 to $1,500 (for single to family) awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas in order to study at Deakin
- For international students only: Single Overseas Student Health Cover policy for the duration of the student visa.
Eligibility Criteria for Deakin University Scholarships
To be eligible for the Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarship, candidates must meet all of the requirements listed below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- To be eligible for an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset, RTP Allowance or DUPRS a student must be a domestic or international student enrolled in an HDR course of study at Deakin University
- To be eligible for an RTP Fees Offset an applicant must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR fees
- To be eligible for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend a student must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75 per cent of that student’s RTP or DUPRS Stipend rate. Income unrelated to the student’s course of study or income received for the student’s course of study but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
- Applicants for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend must have completed at least four years of tertiary education studies and achieved a first class Honours degree or equivalent level of academic achievement.
- For Doctoral degree:
-Completion of research project in a related area including a thesis which is equivalent to at least 25% of a year’s full-time study at Level 8 or 9 of the Australian Qualifications Framework with achievement of a grade for the project equivalent to a Deakin grade of 70% or equivalent.
-Masters Degree (Research) in a related area.
- For Master Degree:
-Completion of research project including a thesis which is equivalent to at least 25% of a year’s full-time study at Level 8 or 9 of the Australian Qualifications Framework with achievement of a grade for the project equivalent to a Deakin grade of 65% or equivalent.
- Check the linkfor further information about the eligibility requirements.
How to Apply for Deakin University Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for this scholarship:
(1) Check the entry pathways to check eligibility from here and Find a supervisor: Before you start your application, please contact a supervisor for advice on your research topic and proposal. get information about contacting a supervisor from here.
(2) Prepare relevant documents/information, required the following:
- Resume or Curriculum vitae.
- Academic Transcripts.
- Previous research degree.
- Publications information.
- Bibliographic information.
- Providing proof of identification and citizenship.
- Provide an evidence of English proficiency, check the page of how to apply to determine the minimum English requirements from here.
- Two referee reports from current or former lecturers or academic or employment supervisors. you can see the template from here.
- Prepare your proposal: Provide a brief outline of your proposed research topic, check the guidelines for the proposal from here.
(3) Apply online through here, and check first of your targeted faculty is requiring an expression of interest or not before applying, then complete the procedures.
(4) Remember to mail in certified copies, the copies must be certified before sending it by one of the following authorized people:
- A justice of the peace.
- Notary public.
- Australian Consular Officer or Australian Diplomatic Officer (within the meaning of the Consular Fees Act 1955).
- Employee of the Commonwealth or the Australian Trade Commission who works outside of Australia.
- A recruitment agent for international students.
Mailing address: HDR International Admissions Officer
221 Burwood Highway
For further information about the application process check here.
Why study in Australia?
There are numerous reasons why Australia is one of the most popular international student destinations. Australia is a safe, welcoming, diverse, and beautiful country with excellent educational opportunities.
Australia is an excellent location for both living and studying. In fact, Melbourne was ranked third in the world among QS’ Best Student Cities in 2019. With five other major Australian cities ranking in the top 50, it’s clear that Australia continues to be a popular destination for international students.
The education system in Australia has an excellent international reputation. Universities such as Deakin encourage practical and independent learning, resulting in graduates with job-ready skills rather than just book knowledge. This is one of the reasons why graduates from Australian universities are in high demand by employers worldwide. Independent thought, debate, and problem solving are all encouraged in the university setting, so you will have plenty of opportunities to put your mind to the test. Furthermore, universities foster a safe and respectful environment in which you can feel comfortable participating in class discussions and asking questions.